Monday, February 05, 2007

Mortaritaville (Baghdad blues)

I first heard this song when I was in Baghdad - apparently it was put together by a couple Louisiana National Guard soldiers stationed there before me. We listened to the song often while in country and it struck close to the truth in some respects for frustrations we had.... its not politically correct, but was and remains a humourous caricature of some of the things soldiers deal with.

youtube.com/watch?v=ym0q71ITVRA

Soldiers love to bitch...lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

greeting,

Let me start by saying thank you for your 24 years of service.

I work for Central Command's Public Affairs department on an electronic media engagement team.

I try and find blogs have commentary on issues dealing with the war on terror. We engage them and in turn offer them valuable information on the War on Terror.

I am contacting you to see if you would be intrested in placing an link to Central Command's website on you site.

Please take a couple minutes and visit our website at www.centcom.mil. We have recently updated our website with a new look and new features.

We offer up-to-date press releases, news features, photos and video from units in the field.

We can also offer you a weekly electronic newsletter that we can sent directly to your email.

If you think that it is something you and your readers would be intrested in let me know and we can set things up.

Thank you for your time and most importanly your service.

Sgt. Chris Keller
kellercr@centcom.mil